Muscogee Genealogical Society, founded in 1976, serves all genealogists researching family records in the original Muscogee County. The counties formed from the original Muscogee County are Muscogee, Harris, Marion, Talbot & Chattahoochee Counties. The Society also includes news from the adjacent counties of Troup, Stewart, Upson, Webster and Meriwether in Georgia and Barbour, Chambers, Lee and Russell in Alabama.The Society encourages all genealogist living in the Chattahoochee Valley to join regardless of their ancestral connection to the area. The society encourages affiliation & cooperation of all persons interested in the research of their ancestral heritage.
The Society holds quarterly genealogical programs and publishes the Journal Muscogiana biannually.
If you are researching any counties associated with the original Muscogee County or are a genealogist living in the original Muscogee County, you may want to consider joining our society. Your membership supports the publication and distribution of Muscogiana
- Encourage affiliation & cooperation of persons interested in ancestral heritage
- Stimulate interest & provide instruction in genealogical research methodology
- Provide a forum for sharing knowledge
- Collect, preserve, and disseminate genealogical & historical knowledge and information
MGS Constitution & By Laws
The Society is a nonprofit corporation authorized by the State Corporation Commission of Georgia and exempt from Federal Income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax deductible as a public charity under Section 170 of the Code. Feel free to review our bylaws.
MGS Board of Directors for 2011-2012
- President: Carol Ranieri
- Vice President: vacant
- Secretary: Jane Brady
- Treasurer: Peggy West
- Past President: Dr. Hugh Rodgers
- Members at Large: Linda Kennedy, Cliff Tucker and Cheryle Wadsworth
- Journal Editor: Mimi Childs
- Webmaster: Jacqueline Radebaugh
- Executive Director: Callie McGinnis